"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com

"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com
Still available on Amazon for Nook and Kindle, hard copy booklett to re-print November 2013

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

My Mother's Hands

My Mother's hands laced with blue
Have done most things that women do
Infants tended, clothing mended
Cooked the food, stayed empty headed
During strife, days full and rich
Pulled off her life without a hitch
Grumpy, mean and not so nice
I can't think of a simple sacrifice

So, when my hands mirror hers
With memories blank or blurred
Will my children see the things I've done?
Remember the laughter and the fun
Smile through tears, Never a frown
I'll not let my guard come down
When opposite ever I try to be
Not like her... but being me



No comments:

Post a Comment