"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com

"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com
Still available on Amazon for Nook and Kindle, hard copy booklett to re-print November 2013

Friday, April 27, 2018

I've been gone for a while.

I've been gone for a while living in Tucson. Patrick, my husband, and I have been serving as missionaries at the Construction of the Tucson Latter-day Saint Temple. As missionaries one of the things we did was take care of the men on the site...which meant we participated in all the worker orientations and made sure the rules such as "no-foul-language, no music, no spitting, no marking on any of the building materials," etc.  My other main responsibility was to write the history of the LDS church in Tucson, and keep the records of the various stages of construction.
I had never worked on a construction site so needles to say the task was daunting, especially since I was the only woman allowed access to the site. We even had a chance to be a part of the Mormon Battalion re-enactment at "Old Tucson Studios. I had fun but Patrick did not like wearing a wool suit when the temperature was over 110 degrees. I can hardly blame him!

We met the most interesting and wonderful people it was difficult to leave when our job was completed.  Hopefully we can have the opportunity to work at another temple construction site. Right now we are getting knees fixed and replaced so we are in tip-top condition to give it our very best.  I hope to keep writing. After having my own 610 page book printed and adding about 250 pages to another book on the temple which mostly no one will read. I now am compiling my poetry which I started writing in 1968 to the present. I have my completed novel, "Treasure of the Chiasmus Cipher", and two of my student nurse murder mysteries completed. Working with publishers can get grueling at best! It may be that I will be under the sod when anyone gets a chance to read them.



No comments:

Post a Comment