"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com

"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com
Still available on Amazon for Nook and Kindle, hard copy booklett to re-print November 2013

Saturday, April 28, 2018

A Few More, & PC saga

Just reporting back on a few more temple construction items. I read my last post and realized I didn't mention that I took upwards of 300 pictures a day. Then downloaded them and inserted them into reports and the books that I wrote. 


Kevin, the owner of 3 Knolls Publishing did a lot of my editing...(I have issues contractions.)  I'm grateful to him for his help and cherish our friendship.  I discovered that many of my pictures couldn't go into either of the books. The books did not focus on individuals but many of my favorite pictures were of the men working. I was impressed with their dedication and skill. While working in the basement at first there were no lights so they were often in shadow. Those became my favorites. Each day it seems I remember something special that makes me appreciate my blessings more and more.

So many people who are younger than us seem to be so old. I think it's because they retire and sit. 
We fill every second with activity so we can fall into bed each night exhausted. Yesterday we planned our Sunday school lesson. We are teaching a class of kids year about the Bible.  We try to help them understand the truth and guidance they can receive from understanding the teachings in the scriptures.  In the afternoon re drove to Tucson to a Mariachi contest and concert. Young people in bands competed and we were able to see the winners in vocal, dance and music. Then the audience was treated to the LA Angel Mariachi group. Everyone in the amphitheater was whooping and whistling. This morning we got up early to take grand kids to a local park that has a large pond for a fishing.  Of course the only ones catching fish were the kids. Eleven year old Becca was the winner catching two...Yea for her pink fishing pole!  

A PC for Bubba 

Mike and Mom wanted to build Bubba a PC
We thought with our know-how it'd be very easy
After 7 trips on the freeway to computer part Frye's
Where they handed us both a bucket of lies

We toasted some Ram and a few Gigs too
So back on the freeway we flew
We stayed up real late, what we thought would be cake
Turned sour at midnight with a mother-board bake

The NO-English-Speak guy from Taiwan
Kept telling us "Talk Louder, GO ON"
"What does the Bios say?" was his constant cry
"Buddy, the screen is black!" was our repeated reply
He gave us no help from his long distance spot
and the system kept running too hot!

We folded, yes folded; We a-Team two
and decided no dud would be coming to you
So we went to the pros, gave them specs for a beauty
And they bargained with us for the duty
So late though it be, just you wait and see
It's with love from the Mike y and Meeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment