"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com

"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com
Still available on Amazon for Nook and Kindle, hard copy booklett to re-print November 2013

Tuesday, April 24, 2018



Heaven or Hell


Days drift by in numbered succession
We work to buy another possession.
Routines of life burns the candle low
There is another world beyond this I know

Break through the fog and into the light
Open wide the cracks, escape from the blight
How to emerge from the darkness and gloom
And not remain trapped in an earthly tomb

Do what's right, set aside your fears
Keep your chin up and smile through your tears
Patience will bless us, with affliction we'll grow
Set aside temptation, for we reap what we sow

Yet for sure Heaven or Hell waits for us all
And there is one who gleefully wants us to fall
Or you can turn to Him who loves without condition
Looking over all, pulling us back from perdition

So turn back from temptation and go to the light
In your heart you feel and know what is right
Prevent the loss of your soul to utter destruction
There’s no joy in ruin or eternal damnation

For He knew long ago the mistakes we would make
And gave us the grand plan for us all to partake
He waits at the gate, arms wide to embrace
His countenance is in you, it shines in your face




One Hour in Church

Can I dance the wool from my brain as this hour begins?

Concentration is nonexistent so watch the big-cheek baby grin

I drift to wonder; do I have more sunsets behind me than in front?

Can I make this time count, so my rent on earth is paid?

Will I find the flakes of gold, from the small make something great?

Why does the man who spoke for just a minute make more sense?

Than the one with words abundant, voice thumping like a fan

I drift back to the babies’ cry, a hard chair, and wonder who I am?



Decision

but father we are afraid
our mansion, more grand than others
must be bought with coin of pain, sorrow, and sacrifice
will we be strong, will be worthy?

MY CHILDREN YOU, MORE BLESSED THAN OTHERS
WILL BE MORE TRIED THAN OTHERS
WILL HAVE MORE STRENGTH THAN OTHERS
MUST HAVE MORE FAITH THAN OTHERS
FEEL MY LIGHT, TRUST IN ME, MY LOVE IS WITH YOU
WHEN
            YOU
                        GO
                                    DOWN

we
                                    will
                                                go
                                                            down
   



I am putting my poetry from 1966 to 2018 into a book. Here a a few for you to read. let me know if you like them. Pat






No comments:

Post a Comment