"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com

"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com
Still available on Amazon for Nook and Kindle, hard copy booklett to re-print November 2013

Friday, September 22, 2023

Naked Came the Bruce"


  I guess as we get older lots of things about us change                                                   Like how we look and how we think, and we get mighty strange.                                              

 I've noticed as my days and years quickly pass me by                                                           Some things about my generation leaves me to shrug and sigh.  

 The eyes for most are the first to go and with that a Fashion sense                                      and if you make a small comment, you are met with impudence.                              

"That stuff you're wearing does not match," you mention to a friend                                    "The red and orange with that pink, it does not match or blend."

"You mind your manners," you are told, "I am the one who knows.                                       "I've been on this here earth much longer than any Joe Blow"

The Smell and taste and next to go and follows really fast                                                    So enjoy your food while you are young, for it isn't gonna' last.

But the ones who lose their modesty have really gone too far,                                        Cuz naked folks ain't pretty when their teeth are in a jar 

 "It shore is hot," Bruce said to me as he greeted at the door,                                           He reminded me of the story of the foolish Emperor. 

 "Come on in," he beckoned, just like nothing was amiss                                                      He seemed to take no notice of his bare butt nakedness

 So, I went on in and sat right down yet kept my eyes averted                                               Then we talked about the recent news and other things we'd read

He wiped his brow and settled in on his couch of Naugahyde                                              I wondered how to make a running break for the safety of outside

Then later as I pondered life and all that it can bring                                                    I know that for a certainty, I beg you do this thing

  "GET OUT THAT GUN AND SHOOT ME QUICK." if I wander in my skin                       CUZ "it ain't pretty...not one bit, not even if it's kin!"


Yes, this really happened!                    P.A. Hanrion







 

No comments:

Post a Comment