"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com

"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com
Still available on Amazon for Nook and Kindle, hard copy booklett to re-print November 2013

Monday, April 3, 2023

    Nightmare, Bad dream or am I awake?

He leans close as if a secret to tell, 

I feel his breath upon my cheek

And know he is near, yet can barely see

I wonder, "Why is he awake in the dark of night?"

In shadow, the soft curve upon his lips portends a smile

"Are you alright" I reach to touch his cheek

Fear enfolds me as he dissolves to shapeless mist, 

Looking to the pillows where he sleeps 

Reason grabs my heart while searching for my dear

Neither here nor there yet both places be

He looks to shimmer then disappears

"What magic this, or message be it sent to me?"

His soul set free my heart begs, no

there is much to do before we dream

"Not yet, oh please leave him be"

The choice is made, I touch his face

And then with wonder he returns to me. 


Written one month later January 28, 2020

                   


                                                                I believe in miracles. 

November 2020 a large inoperable aneurism is found in his heart. The family rallies and in a week, we are in St. Louis under the watchful eye of a Cardiac Surgeon M.D. son-in-law, a skillful repair takes place. My dearest is with me today and we know we are blessed.          


   

No comments:

Post a Comment