"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com

"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com
Still available on Amazon for Nook and Kindle, hard copy booklett to re-print November 2013

Monday, May 21, 2018


My Mother’s Hands

My Mother’s hands laced with blue
Have done most things that women do
Infants tended, clothing mended
Cooked the food, stayed level headed
During strife, days full and rich
Pulled life off without a hitch
Grumpy, mean and not so nice
I can’t think of one sacrifice

When my hands mirror hers
With memories blank or blurred
Will children see the things I’ve done?
Remember laughter and the fun
Smile through tears, don’t have a frown
I will not let my guard come down
When opposite I try to be
Not like her but being me


No comments:

Post a Comment