"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com

"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com
Still available on Amazon for Nook and Kindle, hard copy booklett to re-print November 2013

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Patrick Michael starts a-new..

My Becca with James and Harrison
Patrick and new wife Angela, with Mom Pat and Dad Pat, Broc, Josh, Katie,(new) Becca & Ben
So, why have I been non-communicado for the last week or so.  Let me see been a bit busy.  Was in Washington DC...to visit Becca, husband and four boys.  How I miss them and am so sad when I have to leave.  I still haven't figured out why we have five kids and all have moved from California.  I love this state, almost as much as I love New York, even though I moved from there quite some time ago.  The weather is amazing. I love the beach, the mountains and where we live it is easy access to all that plus Hollywood, filming, theater, and the vibrant youth at Universities, Since I went to both UCLA and USC, almost every weekend there is a team to cheer for.  I have grown to love Washington DC and all the patriotic history...with a daughter and her family only 20 min from Gettysburg it turns my blood, red white and blue whenever I'm there.  I also love that Becca is now hooked on New York City, the stomping ground of my youth.  


I was home for a short time, and JOYjoy, HappyHAPPY, we were off to Washington the state...Redmond the town Microsoft built, near Seattle.  Our oldest son was going to re-marry.  And we gained a daughter and three more great grand kids.  I must admit I was worried about meeting them for the first time, but they were all hugs kisses and called us Grammy and Bubba, right away.  How fun. If children and their behavior can be a measure of how a parent is doing in life...then Angela is amazing, considering she was pretty much a single mom for the last while.


We finally got to see the great smile we paid lots and lots of money to an orthodontist for....let me explain.  For about the past ten years I have not seen Patrick smile or be happy for long.  Oh, of course there were moments when his son was doing well or they were on a camping trip. Or his beloved bloodhound dogs were tracking down a lost child.  But his life was work and oh-my dare I say...having a wife that yelled...lots.  This made me sad as he was not raised in a home of meanness or yelling or belittling or sarcasm.  How he got in this mess one will never know.  But I am convinced the reason was so he could be the father to his wonderful boy, Broc.  It was heartbreaking to see his spirit whither and then finally just survive from day to day. The entire family began to miss him.  His fun his jokes, his happiness.  Within a few days of taking off the thick coat of protection he had around him after the shrew left his home, we had our son back.  His brother and sisters knew he was keeping himself sane and stuffing his true self far away so he could survive and protect his boy.  But everyone saw a rebirth soon after his ex-left....and then about two years later he was truly back to himself with his new love....

I have such hope for his new family and his ability to progress and grow, in so many ways.  I am excited for his new family...Patrick, Angela, Broc, Josh, Katie, and yes! another Beautiful Becca.     

No comments:

Post a Comment