"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com

"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com
Still available on Amazon for Nook and Kindle, hard copy booklett to re-print November 2013

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Grumpy and with good reason! I have Fibromyalgia.

For the most part I am a very positive person but today has sent me into a state I rarely linger in for very long.  However, today....I started off grumpy, cranky, depressed, fat, with a headache, heartburn, swollen feet, hives, bad breath, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, stomach ache, and bad hair. Rather a rotten way to start the day...so far...

Now I sit waiting for the something good to happen.Under all that poop there must be a pony...right!

I think this time everything started because of very little sleep. Last night was a snuggle night for Mr. Patrick. He grabs me pulls me close, I figure sweet nothings will begin. But No...nay nay...as usual within less than five seconds he is breathing loudly in my ear which rapidly becomes a sawmill rendition of, "Opus in B minor."  (See previous entry on why I don't protest him sleeping in the bed upside-down.)

Then the topper is that he started getting his nightly toaster warm-aura, and I envisioned myself in the Hansel and Gretel oven warmed up by the lady who lived in the candy house. Several times I tried to gently slide away, but each time I did, he re-established the anaconda grip...(stronger than a Kung-foo-grip) I could not go to sleep needless to say.

I think it was 2:30 when I finally escaped to the spare bedroom...forgetting I have been purging closets and the floor was covered by various clothing items and an array of coat hangers...
Once across the land mines, of course. And I also forgot many of the clothes were on the bed.  I clutched at whatever I could get my hands on and launched them across the room in the pitch dark.

Around 3:30 I got to sleep only to be awoken by my dear at 4 :30AM with his question, honey....couldn't you get to sleep????  Echhhhhhh!!! He was trying to be considerate I know, but REALLY.

The worst was when I looked in the mirror to realize I looked like a chipmunk with nuts in his cheeks or a poor imitation of Marlon Brando as Don Corleone in the Godfather...(.cotton in his mouth). This happens to be a fibromyalgia thing. Everyone says I'm allergic, but nay nay...I've gone that route and find nothing...so I know now from experience that for the next 48-72 hours I will be puffy....often on the bottoms of my feet too!

I have said I will not complain, I hate that...the only thing is sometimes I am so puffy I look like a gargoyle and certainly not ready to give a lecture on pharmacology...when I am gorked on Benedry to keep the hives from extending to my tongue and throat!...SCARY!

But as with all fibromyalgia stuff, no one cares so why should I...Right?
So here I am Grumpy, foggy headed from meds and a swollen brain but I will press on.
I'm still waiting for the sunshine...but with patience...sort-of.
So how is your day going.????

No comments:

Post a Comment