"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com

"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com
Still available on Amazon for Nook and Kindle, hard copy booklett to re-print November 2013

Friday, September 7, 2012

"Oh My Brother Lucifer"


“Oh my Brother Lucifer”  

Lucifer, son of the morning and master of all lies
Do not tempt with wicked flattery, to deceive me and beguile
Or cheat me of my soul as you gently lead the way to hell
I will not submit to chains or go where fallen angels dwell
What a crafty devil you are selling misery and giving sin appeal
Yet still, some are caught within your web believing evil is not real

Sacrifice is for fools," you say, “you’ll prosper and wear my crown."
But I know you will delight as you stand back and watch me drown
So do not waste your time with whispers to pull me to your lair
It’s much too late for all your tricks to entrap me in your snare
You know you will be judged like all, accountable for what you do
Yet you chose the path of darkness and from the light withdrew
The battle fought some time ago was led by righteousness
Our armor gold with truth our sword, our army victorious
Did you forget we won that fight against ones we cherished dear?
Or how we wished our love would heal and bring those lost ones near
How dare you think I’d trade my life or listen to your voice?
When the promise is near my grasp and I am waiting to rejoice
Patricia Hanrion 2012       2 Nephi 28:21

No comments:

Post a Comment