"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com

"The Jingle Bell Bum" (Read The Touching True Story...please!) Comment at patriciahanrion.com
Still available on Amazon for Nook and Kindle, hard copy booklett to re-print November 2013

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What do you do with a dozen door knobs?

Oh my gosh! I could have used those knobs!

And to think 20 years ago I threw away all those door knobs.  Why didn't I save them somehow?  My husband a long while ago would bring home odd things left over from his job, things we didn't need, but they were worth something...like money.  Rather than throw stuff away it ended up in our garage.

Now that I kicked down the door and ended up with 15 new ones to paint, wait...14....he still has not put in the last one (see previous blog).  I realized I could have used those knobs.  They were display knobs, mounted on a wide hunk of wood, like the kind you see at the hardware store.  Bulky and taking up a lot of room.  Into a box they went, into the black abyss of the garage...lost until I found them one day when packing to move out of the San Fernando Valley to Santa Clarita.  Like a fool I put them in the trash, with lots of garbage on top so the hubby wouldn't see and so got rid of the heavy "when will I ever need these things", pile of metal and wood.

How could I have know that many years later I would need knobs?  They were cool knobs too...that's why he rescued them from the trash heap at the job.  I just spent $700 or so on doors, more on the molding frames...and with new doors, how could I put back the old cruddy 30 year old knobs.  So I spent more $ on knobs...oh foolish me!

I guess now he would have never brought back home the knobs...he is in purge mode...more for me than him.  "Get rid of the junk he says."  Like I'm a hoarder or something.   BUT, you may never know when you may need a dozen door knobs.  path

No comments:

Post a Comment